The movable irrigation system consists of five main components i.e; Water pump, suction pipe, delivery pipe, sprinkler, and other plumbing fittings.
Most times, when you buy individual components, you might need the services of a technician to assemble them on site. This means an extra expenditure on something which you can do by yourself. All you need are a few hand tools like a screwdriver and a pipe wrench.
Follow the following steps and then you will realize how easy assembling this system is;
- Screw the pump endcaps and couplers into their respective positions. Ensure that you apply thread tape so that there are no leakages. Leakages will lead to wastage of water, pressure losses and if they are on the suction end, the pump won’t suck any water.
- Insert the suction pipe on to the suction end coupler and tighten with a hose clip.
- Insert the delivery pipe on to the suction end coupler and tighten with an orbit clip.
- At the end of every delivery pipe, insert a hose connector. Tighten the delivery hose to the connector using a hose clip.
- Bring one end of the next delivery hose and insert it on the 2nd end of the hose connector in the previous step. Tighten with a hose clip.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all the delivery hoses or until you achieve the delivery hose length required.
- Insert the end of the delivery hose into the long nozzle at the base of the sprinkler stand and tighten using an orbit clamp.
- Assemble the filter
- Insert the foot valve in the other end of the suction pipe and tighten using an orbit clamp.
Congs, you have your system fully assembled. Check out this video to see how it will run.
NOTE: Refer to the pump operation manual for pump operations.